Use this form to report conditions in rent regulated apartments that require emergency repair in your apartment or that have caused you to vacate the subject premises. See the Application Instructions for a list of emergency conditions that may be reported using this form.

Prior written notice to the owner is not required for these emergency conditions. Complaints to the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) that cite any of these emergency conditions will be treated as a first priority and will be processed as quickly as possible.

If you need to report a decrease in services in your individual apartment due to non-emergency conditions, use form RA-81. If you want to report a decrease in building services outside of your apartment, use form RA-84. To complain about a lack of heat and/or hot water in your building, use form HHW-1. Follow the specific instructions on each form for notifying the owner prior to filing the form with DHCR.

For additional information on how to enter the address values into the search fields, use the Help in the upper right of this page.
Subject Building Search Criteria
Building Registration Number:
Street House Number:
Street Name: